View Single Post
Old 08-19-2018, 08:17 AM   #51
Hblick48

Quote:
Originally Posted by captcolour View Post
I use the truck island all the time when pulling the 5th wheel. No worries about height or getting out. I always pull forward when finished. You can usually click on the first indent on the nozzle lock without shutting off. Fills quick which is nice. Also you have the DEF right there if needed. Also nice to have access to the windshield squeegee with the long handle.

I have a Good Sam's card so always look for a Flying J/Pilot to take the discount. Rarely ever have to go inside first at Flying J/Pilot. Have at others though.
Same here for Flying J/Pilot. I always use truck islands because you know you will always be able to get in and get out without worrying. Pull in, fuel up, move forward, pay. I have a Wright Express card which is usually always accepted at the pumps. We then usually pull into one of the parking spaces to use the potty, walk the dog (WATCH OUT FOR TRAFFIC), and make lunch. Never had an issue with truckers, but our stops are usually early afternoon, so there are always lots of empty spaces.
Hblick48 is offline   Reply With Quote