View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 07:13 AM   #18
jack65

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFord View Post
"The truck, according to the window sticker, is equipped with the 2.7L EcoBoost enging and the $995 trailer towing package. That would, if I'm reading the data correctly, mean that the truck is limited to 5,000 pound trailers."

Being familiar with the F-150 family, that statement is not necessarily correct, as that combination should tow a lot more than 5,000 lbs. (which is typically the "bumper-mounted" tow ball limitation). That is why is suggested calling Ford Motor Company customer service, giving them the VIN and they can verify the exact tow package installed and the actual towing capacity limit. Or, get one of the Ford-published towing guides for the 2018 F-150 line, get a copy of the window sticker for that truck, and look-up the towing limit for the given installed equipment.

By your reading of the "data," my truck would be limited to 5,000 lbs., and it is not.
Also, I think this pickup which has "10 speed auto & 3.73 gear ratio" it should be able to tow 7,200 lbs easily as I know those factors are an important part of it, keeping the RPM's up on mountain pulling. As a few mentioned here, especially sourdough it looks like a SUV is out. Wifey is not gonna be happy with that as she wanted a blue SUV this time.

Edit: looks like this pickup might be "out" because of the 2.7L Ecoboost engine?

BTW, I'm amazed at all the great replies here... I posted the same question over on the Outbacker.com forum before I found this forum and have yet to get one reply there.
jack65 is offline   Reply With Quote