View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 01:11 PM   #23
Bob Landry

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob in windsor View Post
I would agree with a previous poster in that it would be beneficial to know what you took it in for originally.
When dry camping, I would run up the generator and as soon as I put the Rv on load, the genny would trip, 9 times out of 10. So I shut all of the breakers on the RV panel and cycled them 1 by 1, ( the main breaker open of course). Immediately upon making the CON### breaker, the genny trips.( the main breaker and the con### are the only 2 open at this time).
This was my reason for taking it in for service. When I got it home and parked for the winter, I discovered I have nothing, except the clock on the microwave and an few outlets. Nothing is working.[/QUOTE]

Interesting since all the main breaker at the converter does is feed the other 4 or 5 breakers, so if one is getting power, they all should. The outlet in the kitchen is AC as is the light in the microwave. The converter has polarity protection fuses for the battery, so if you misconnected the battery cables or the hot side of the battery shorted to the frame, you would blow the polarity fuse, but you should have all of the AC circuits. I discoverd that all of my outlets, inside and outside, are on the GFCI circuit, and your's is probably the same unless there is a separate breaker for GFCI. You should have all or nothing there also.
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote