Thread: Wheel Ratings
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 10:27 AM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

Yes Mike, You're "good to go" with 225 75R15 LRE tires at up to 80 PSI on those wheels as long as they are a 6 lug configuration...

As a "S&G" further explanation, if you look at the Carlisle tire chart here: https://www.carlislebrandtires.com/o...adial-trail-hd

You'll see that those wheels in 5 lug configuration would support the LRC tires (2150 at 50 PSI) but would not support the LRD tires (2540 at 65PSI) and in the 6 lug configuration, the wheels will support all three load ratings (LRC, LRD and LRE).

I haven't seen the "max PSI rating" stamped or molded on any wheels. I've been told that the "standard tire load rating/max PSI charts" all give the same information and that the wheels, if they're rated at 2830 lbs, are also rated at 80 PSI. In the case of the 5 lug model of your wheels, they are rated at 2150 lbs at 50 PSI, so "technically speaking" they are not rated at 65 PSI because they are not rated to support the 2540 pounds so they also aren't rated to support the 65 PSI (even though in 6 lug configuration, they are rated up to 80 PSI)... It's strictly a "what you see is what you get" and you aren't supposed to "read common sense" into the ratings by assuming if one is, the other must be too..... If it's not "on the wheel, it's not rated above what you see".....

Confused yet? I hope not

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote