View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 02:29 PM   #2
jje1960

Boliy

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Hi guys. I need some opinions on the Boliys.

The DW and I just bought our 5th, we pick it up next week, and we need a gen. The Boliy's price, half of a Honda, is very tempting. I haven't read any negitives and hoped to get some honest feedback here.

I did a search on the site and see many members have them, but their posts were a little old.

Do you still like them?????

Thanks Jerry
I am a Boliy owner. We have the electric start model, very satisfied. We did have an issue with ours, however warranty covered fixing unit last year. They replaced the battery under warranty. Also, I had purchased an enclosure (very nice) however did not realize that I was restricting the hot air exhaust by not opening all the panels. Now (after replacing the inverter module) the unit is back to working great. Don't restrict the intake or air exhaust, that's critical. Other than that, this unit is pretty amazing, for 74Ibs, it put's out more clean and quiet power than anything I've ever seen. It starts our 15k aircon (I added a supco capacitor last year) with or without a capacitor and really sips fuel running on auto idle mode. It does not start the aircon from idle, however everything else (microwave, coffee maker) we have thrown at it from idle. The fuel consumption is amazingly conservative, it's got a 1.9gal tank, lasts a very long time without aircon, I know I've let the thing run over 14hrs a few times. Ours stays in the back of our TV with a cord that plugs into the unit, we went to Myrtle Beach last year and had the aircon going in the unit (what I don't do for that cat) while driving. Since changing the oil for the last time in October, I've started it a couple of times in the gargage, no problem at all, battery has stayed topped up for the last two months sitting on a shelf in the unit. Starting has been easy, I run the fuel out of the bowl by closing the shutoff when stopping. When starting, just turn on the fuel, turn the unit over with the choke on, then flip the ignition, starts every time without problem. It's quiet, great on fuel, easy to start, light, runs the 15k aircon and cost effective. End of story is I'm super happy with the unit. One pic attached shows the enclosure with the left panel closed.... big no no, in the spring it was fine, but mid summer the heat could not dissipate. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1226.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	840  
jje1960 is offline   Reply With Quote