View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 05:44 PM   #29
CaptnJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert185 View Post
WM spec tires vs everyone else? Facts don't lie, but the problem is that we don't know all the facts. Logically, having WM spec tires would be a manufacturing and supply chain issue, I would think. More reasonably, I can see a volume discount of the same spec tire given to WM.

What I do, primarily after viewing the experience of others on this forum, is to find a WM sale when I need new tires, take that ad to DT where they will match the price on the brand I want with a DOT date not more than six months old. I also use the DT credit card during DT sales that yields a further reduction in price. I mount the wheels with the (non-HF) torque wrench at 80 PSI (LRE) tire pressure.

I also think that running Carlisle, Sailun or Maxxis (with a standby evaluation of DT's Heartland tires) on a four year cycle is a reasonable time cycle.

Any more obsessing than that seems to be a waste of stomach acid for my purposes, but I'm open for new developments in the ST tire world.

Agree, obsessing does nothing positive. My last 3 campers went from the dealer to the tire shop for Carlisle tires. The Montana went for Sailun as the wheels are rated to 110 psi. I don't think about it, just do it. Maxxis has a good rep but I never used them as Carlisle were more available. I don't use Wally for anything and especially wouldn't if they don't remove and install on the camper. It is important to tell the shop to torque as needed or most will go only to 65#. I check tire psi and wheel torque before every trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote