View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 04:58 PM   #9
slow

Splicing into 12V dc Circuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHelm21 View Post
........... Utilizing a relay to control this circuit from the running lights instead of or in addition to the rocker switch would make life a lot easier. Any idea what type of relay might do the trick for this? I'd also have to find a place to tap in to the running light from inside the garage if possible since the dedicated wiring and rocker switch are located there.
Using the running lights to power the camera really makes it convenient for me. I use our Garmin 760 GPS for the display, and when I turn on the running lights, the GPS display changes to the camera.

This is the four pole relay I used, should be able to find the equivalent on Amazon or local auto parts store:http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/pi...-0203760p.html

Here is my chicken scratch sketch for the wiring:

My running light wires were run under the TT and were easy to access by dropping the comoplast at the rear of the TT.

One thing that initially threw me off was that the TT's running lights were powered with the green not the brown wire. It may be unique to my trailer, but worth noting and checking before cutting wires.
Reese 5th Airborne (bagged) Pin Box
RoadMaster Shock Kit
X-Factor Cross Bracing
slow is offline   Reply With Quote