View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 12:23 AM   #12
jbplock

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your "new to you" 27RKS. We have a 2014 of the same model and think it's great for what we need and want.

As for the plate with the two connections and the jumper cable. That is your satellite connection. Remove the jumper, the bottom (usually, unless someone turned things around) is the output from the satellite dish to the receiver and the top one goes from the receiver back to the trailer distribution system. To operate on satellite or cable, the "booster power switch" must be off (little red or green LED on the TV booster) and to operate on "over the air antenna" the booster power switch must be on.
John,

Thanks for the reply. I removed both plates and pulled out the cables and could see the top connection on the jumper plate was connected to the Winegard plate (I was also mistaken in my previous post as the Winegard plate does contain the 12V outlet as shown in the previous post picture). So as you confirmed I assumed the bottom connection was from the Cable connector on the side of the Trailer. I could see that the other connections on from the Winegard plate were feeding the two TV connections in the Trailer. The previous owner removed the TV so my next step is to mount a flat screen TV. Clearance is limited by the Living Room slide so I ordered a MorRyde TV5-004H flush mount for it. This is why I enjoy owning an RV. There's always something to tinker with.

Bill
jbplock is offline   Reply With Quote