View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 09:04 AM   #9
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
As inexpensive as they are, I just bought two identical (and for less then AMAZON). I also couldn't find black so bought the white. Then there is the fact that there is little reflectivity with a black fixture ....

Also, with converting to LED bulbs - you need to match the lens color, i.e. red to match the red lens. This has to light wave length of the LEDs..

https://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/...ype,1157,1,41:
Your recommendation to use red LED's under a red lens, yellow LED's under a yellow lens and white LED's under a white lens will improve light transmission, to a point.

My recommendation when converting to LED's is NOT to just replace incandescent bulbs with LED arrays "INSIDE" the existing tail light fixture, but rather to remove (and discard) the existing tail light fixtures and replace them with appropriate LED fixtures. Just "sticking LED's" inside an old fixture doesn't do much to improve the capacity of people following your RV to see the lights in bright sunlight. Installing appropriate LED tail lights will enhance visibility significantly. I wouldn't waste my time (or money) on putting white or red LED arrays inside the existing fixtures.

Here's what I used and what I did. I now have tail lights that are visible on a bright sunny day and are much easier for anyone following behind me to see and know my intentions. I did it because my DW couldn't see the turn signals when following me on the highway. I thought, "If she can't see my tail lights, can anyone else?" So I searched, found and installed "brighter LED fixtures" that are visible from well over 1/4 mile behind me, even on a bright, sunny day.

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Lig...47-84-610.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TAIL LIGHTS.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	13031  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote