View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 02:30 PM   #72
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADQ K9 View Post
I got the 8 footer cause it was only like $300 more than the short box, building materials fit easier, I can fit 2 ATV's crosswise on my Dimondback cover, and it came with a larger fuel tank. They just don't make garages like they used to, My truck fits in mine, bareley.
Have you thought of just building what you want and ordering it? I did that. It takes some time but it is exactly what you want in the end.

I've thought about ordering one but I guess I'm not only impatient but a little gun shy of taking possession of a vehicle I've never driven. I've ordered 2; one got delayed in production so I cancelled it after waiting 8 weeks; the 2nd arrived and when I went to drive it it felt like the trans./torque converter (something) was spinning/grinding when you took off in a turn - I refused it. When Hummers came out I wanted one. Test drove 2 and they were fine, but, I decided I wanted the one on the floor. Bought it and drove away only to find that the front end wandered all over the place. Had it worked on multiple times and finally fixed it myself. Anyway, now I pretty much like to drive whatever I'm going to buy....and once I get in the mode I want to get it over "right now" (yes, it's crazy).

The sad thing on the garage is that I spec'd it when we built the house. I never dreamed I would have a truck bigger than what I have now. At that time I had a Ford supercab 8' bed and it was plenty big. Not so much anymore. I'm still working on that part.

Thanks for all the thoughts.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote