View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 05:24 PM   #48
sourdough
Site Team

Thanks all. It probably is a "fear of the unknown" as much as anything. I've worked on gas engines, rebuilt them, replaced them and been under a hood or under a vehicle working on them for decades.

All those years of dropping to the ground, contorting under the hood, trying to squeeze your arm into unreachable places....they're gone as far as I'm concerned due to reasons stated earlier. I just had a nice, long, enjoyable visit with Javi about some of those issues and my concerns. Diesels have come a long way since I drove them and with the all the computer reminders as well as the "conveniences" they build into the trucks now it's probably not as big a deal as it seems. I run about 20k a year in my truck so I'll have to calculate those costs.

John, I know I see diesel spilled all the time at a pump and I'm always trying to avoid it. I assumed it was due to negligent folks (more than most it appeared). Is that not correct? Is there something about the diesel fueling process that just "makes it spill"? Is it something that can't be avoided? I have Weather Tech in all my vehicles but my wife hates diesel smell.

I'm glad they fold the "old fart step" handle. It always just looked odd on my neighbor's truck just sticking in the air.

I do appreciate all the input and assistance. As I believe I've said.....having gone back into having an RV, and now going on the 3rd truck in a little over 2 years, DW is wondering if I've lost my mind so I'm trying to make sure I get it right or......I might have to put a light in the doghouse
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote