View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 09:04 AM   #8
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikendebbie View Post
I checked all the rolls of cable I keep in the RV and it is all RG6. It is most likely a splitter hidden somewhere in the walls that is the culprit. With this RV being so new - DW does not want me digging around in the walls, but I will study the situation to see if any access is provided. Thankyou all for the information and help!!
I am going to assume you followed my logic in a previous post. Therefore Wiring in your unit is either RG59 and your box/satellite dish is not compatible with it or there is a splitter in that line and again your system is not compatible with a splitter. Not sure about this one?

Since we can not see in the walls, at least not me, if there is a splitter in that line?, then it has to split to somewhere. . Are there output Jacks that you have either not tested or accounted for? I would think if answer is NO, then there is no splitter leaving one to believe it is a straight shot from convenience center to TV location thereby leaving that single cable run in question. On either end can you remove the plate and get a good look at the actual cable?

Added: As stated if a straight shot using and inline connector to connect old and new and then pull it through. Only concern after seeing how these are wired at the factory who knows how these runs are routed ????
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote