Thread: TV is a SUV
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2016, 05:11 AM   #52
linux3

Re: TV is a SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
No experience? I've been towing all kinds of things probably longer than you've been alive based on your posts.

You have an Explorer (THE BEAST) of which you seem so enamored of. I suspect it's the most powerful vehicle you've ever owned. It's a wuss for towing....sorry, just the facts. I own one (2017), and I reiterate, it is not built for towing a travel trailer unless it's small. I hate the way it handles by itself; can't imagine pulling a trailer with it unless I had a death wish. I suppose you love it because you have absolutely nothing in the world to compare it with....and it's a "beast"??

You've got what you've got. You think it's a BEAST. Well, live in your world but don't tell knowledgeable, experienced folks that you've got the best TV in the world and if they don't agree they are "pickup fanboys". Maybe you could just say we know a lot more than you.....from experience.
OK, maybe a little harsh but...
I was born in the 40's. Grew up on a farm towing all that that implies.
Got indoor plumbing when I was 6. Hazah.

My 1977 Ford F-250 with a 460 V8 was, I think, the most powerful vehicle I've owned. Pulled a 28' 5th wheel real well.

If you are pulling a LARGE TT or a 5th wheel a pickup is the way to go, I agree but I'm tired of the work and like a smaller trailer.

Perhaps the question should have been 'Why are there so few SUV towable TT's' being pulled by SUVs?
2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71 6.2L
linux3 is offline   Reply With Quote