View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 12:24 PM   #13
Yosemitebob

My fuse came so I can wind this up now. In the picture you will see the MPPT20 near the top, just above that is a thermo switch, it closes the circuit to a fan at the bottom of the picture at 115 degrees and opens the circuit at 95 degrees. Attached to the top of this bay above the MPPT is the 600s linear and another thermo switch just next to that. Either switch will close the circuit if it gets too warm and cool the equipment down. About in the middle of the picture are two fuses, the vertical fuse 20a is for the solar controller, and the horizontal 80a is the main fuse inline with the battery. There is also an LED pilot light, which you can only see the wire loom which is in the upper right of the picture. This is hooked up to the small terminal that is connected to then load side of the solar controller. This gives me an LID red light mounted in the hatch cover and the controller turns this on turning dark time, it acts as a bulgar alarm, it's not really, but I used that circuit for that purpose to hopefully make someone that is thinking of stealing a little more apprehensive to do so. Same idea as some vehicles have on the dash where the LED flashes to give the attention to an alarm.

I can now leave my trailer battery cut-off switches on instead of turning them off. This will also give the battery and the controller a bit of exercise while in storage. I really like the new solar charger.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Solar Install-0813.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	8796   Click image for larger version

Name:	Solar Install-0814.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	8797   Click image for larger version

Name:	Solar Install-0817.jpg
Views:	217