View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 12:37 PM   #15
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMcKenzie View Post
Okay. A little googling shows they exist but are around $100 at the cheapest.

I'll figure something else out.
Not sure who made the comments about the number of pins on plugs, wasn't me for sure.... As for what you need, if you go back to my #6 post, you'll see pictures of the 50 amp/split into two 30 amp plugs with a picture of the adapter you'll need to plug into one of those legs to power your beer cooler. The other leg you would use to power your 30 amp RV. The cost for the split cable is about $80 on EBay and you could probably find one on Amazon or possibly at a local shop for a little less, but plan on investing about $80. You most likely won't need that cable... I have never seen a 50 amp power post that didn't also include 20 amp plugs in a campground. I have seen 50 amp service with no other plugs in private settings, but not in a campground setting.

My suggestion back then (and now) is to contact the campground (or someone who would definitely know) and ask the question, "Does the power post have 50 amp/30 amp and 20 amp power plugs?" Depending on the answer, you may save yourself $80 to help fill that cooler.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote