View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 03:28 PM   #7
Essness

Quote:
Originally Posted by outwest View Post
The Vantage trailers came with a similar looking unit, but black in color. Agree completely on the worthlessness. I've been in St. Paul (right across the river from UMN) and not been able to pick up all of the major network stations. Same thing in Milwaukee. Also was in the middle of Tulsa and same thing. I want to change it out, but I would really like to find a better antenna that will mount in the same holes (I hate the idea of adding any more holes than necessary to the roof). Might just end up going with a dish with tripod instead, dunno. Right now I'm using an indoor Leaf antenna and get much better reception than that piece of junk.

I know another RVer that had a similar antenna and replaced his with the batwing. Said it was like night and day. He was in the same park as me in Tulsa and could get all the major channels without any problems, which confirmed my suspicions that the saucer one is complete crap.
I replaced mine with a "Jack" antenna and was very happy. I did mount it in the same hole on the roof but had to make a new hole inside the ceiling of the camper so I could turn it and use the signal meter.
2016 Polaris RZR S900
Essness is offline   Reply With Quote