View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 03:26 AM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

Mark,

That is the same generator I bought 3 years ago. It's been a good one (not great because of the noise). We've used it several times to recharge the batteries when drycamping, used it at the house during power outages and used it at the new pole barn since we don't have power there. It starts on the first or second pull (if you don't forget the choke) and I always let it run for about 5 minutes to warm up and always remove all power from it and let it cool down about 5 minutes before shutting it down.

The only issue I have with it is that it's not as quiet as I'd like. Since we camp in the "boonies" and are usually the only people within miles and almost always there's nobody within 500' or closer, it's OK as the noise isn't heard by anyone but us. I wouldn't want to use it in a campground where there are other campers within 50' of the generator.

I think, for a 'general purpose" all around generator, you made a good choice. It will power your entire 30 amp rig with no problems and if you're inside with the door closed, you probably won't even hear it over the A/C and television. Just think about the guy in the tent in the next space if you're in a campground. LOL

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote