Thread: Dash cam
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2015, 06:46 AM   #13
C130

I followed an impaired driver home from work two nights ago and spent about 20 minutes minimum on the phone with a 911 dispatcher. There have been about 8 DUI deaths around Houston in the last week alone. Not one cop ever came and we were stopped in a construction zone for about five minutes and I gave them the guys home address. I finally gave up after being confronted by the entire family out in the street where they blocked me in. All on my dash cam, detailed information given to the dispatcher of direction, streets, etc. the whole time I followed them. This guy was all over the road, couldn't stay in a lane, constantly hitting his brakes.

I finally gave up and left because it was apparent the police were not coming and I have a hard time believing there wasn't one nearby. The 911 dispatcher even told me I might as well leave. This guy was stumbling when he got out of the car but the whole time he was telling me he doesn't drink. That might be the case but he was under the influence of something. There was a guy last Sunday that killed a family of four. A doctor was just arrested for prescribing this guy numerous drugs and had been under investigation for a while. I told the dispatcher I had it all on a dash cam. She took my information but I've yet to hear anything and knew I'd never receive a call so not surprised. My guess is they'll become more common, especially since they are fairly cheap now.