View Single Post
Old 10-01-2015, 12:55 PM   #12
dcg9381

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalhd View Post
This endorsement thing is another crock of BS Ca thought of. Nothing but a revenue maker for Ca. and it makes no since that anyone coming from another State or Country does not have to comply.
As I understand it, CA (like most states) defers to the rules of those states. That is, if Texas has a weight requirement that indicates you must have Class-A, I can't legally drive through California on a Class-C. It'd take a pretty savvy LEO to figure out the details of TX state law, as it's not obvious.

You're right about if it's legal in Oklahoma to drive without one, I can drive to California just fine.. Or Texas.

From what I've read a ticket for a recreational RV for non-Class-A is pretty rare. I have read that people have been stopped in California and in some parts of Texas. For me, it wasn't getting stopped that worried me, it was getting sued if I was in an accident and an attorney was savvy enough to determine that I wasn't licensed for what I was driving.

And I agree that it's silly. It's pretty hard for my setup to go over 26k lbs, technically it's possible, but we're well under that weight even loaded. And the process to get the DL was difficult on the administrative side. Most of passing that test was passing the section on air-brakes. We don't have air-brakes.
dcg9381 is offline   Reply With Quote