View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 02:24 PM   #2
GBHRPS

Antique car owners are told to not store their vehicles with the wheels and suspension hanging down unsupported, but rather with jack stands under the axles so that the weight of the car sits on the suspension but the tires are off the ground. I do this with all of my antiques as it prevents the bias ply tires from flat spotting when stored for any time

I would think you could do the same without any problems with your 5er, provided your jack stands support the trailer axles with the tires just off the ground. Obviously you'll have to use your front jacks to support the front of the trailer. Even with the trailer tilted slightly towards the front I wouldn't think you'll have any problems.

I wouldn't jack anywhere near the front or rear of the trailer frame. A friend has a 2001 276 Cougar and tried to level his unit at a camping site using one of his rear stabilizers. He managed to buckle the rear wall of the trailer on the side closet to the stabilizer jack, and even after lowering the jack the rear wall has not come back. Obviously the trailer frame back there is not able to take the same weight as it does around the suspension. Good Luck!

Gene
GBHRPS is offline   Reply With Quote