View Single Post
Old 11-11-2020, 06:26 AM   #2
dutchmensport

I have no answer to your question, but would like to make a comment though.

As we've "aged" our activity level has "aged" as well. So, we thoroughly enjoy vegetating at the campsite now. We've done the hiking, swimming, go, go, go when the kids were little. Now, we enjoy relaxing and just sitting. Thus .... television outside sitting around a campfire!

Here's my observation. If you plan on watching television outside during the day, you will constantly be experiencing glare on the television, making it near impossible to see the image on the screen. This is especially true with the television back against the trailer, facing outward. So, when watch television, we are facing the camper.

Throughout the day, we have to constantly move the television around so we can see the image. As the sun moves, so does the shade. We have a shade for the picnic table and we have 2 quick shades. We set up the television on the picnic table, or a small stand alone folding camping table we have. As the sun moves, so does the television.

The only time the image on the television is clear and not constant glare is in the evening. Even under the awning, when the television is back against the camper in the shade, the surrounding bright light casts glare, making it impossible to see the image.

So, we found keeping the television mobile was "our" best solution. Now, if watching after dark, there's no problem then. It's fantastic located anywhere.

I carry a 100 foot coax cable and a 50 foot coax cable so we can hook up the outside television anywhere on our campsite and have mobility. The coax also comes in real handy for campgrounds that provide cable (thus the reason for 2 cables).

Anyway, before mounting a permanent mount that will most definately result in an unhappy experience (if watching television during the daytime), you might want to experiment with the television first by placing it in different locations, including the side of the camper, and see how it performs (in daylight and after dark). You may change your mind on installing a mount on the side of your camper that you may never use again after the first time.

If you can put the television in your basement area, open the basement door where the television is in a completely shaded spot, that might work for you too.... until you get a completely unlevel campsite one day and when you sit in your lawn chairs, you roll over! You'll be moving the television, I guarantee it.