Thread: Tire pressure?
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2022, 10:10 AM   #84
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathman View Post
Thanks Texas, and thanks to the rest of you for all your info and insight. It’s becoming quite a learning experience that I’m sure will continue as time goes on.

As with most things, I try to find a reasonable balance, so it seems I’ll be doing that with this situation as well, but all the various responses are enlightening nonetheless.
We fulltimed for 10+ years with everything we owned in the truck & rv, as mentioned I weighed the setup by individual wheel locations a couple times & the entire setup several times & each time we were within 25lbs +/- of the previous weight. We were at the max 16.5k lb GVWR, +/- that 25lbs, of the 5er so the tires were inflated to the max sidewall pressures, never a tire related issue on either truck or rv in over 300k miles.
Had a coworker in the past that always ran the LT tires on his F150 work truck at 30lbs so it rode good, didn't really help the Ford ride much, on the oilfield lease roads we drove frequently. As a result of that "good ride" he had flats 4 to 1 over everyone else with most times ruining a tire due to sidewall punctures & at highway speeds it felt like the tires were made of jello making it handle horribly, it scared the crap out you trying to stay between the ditches. Oh forgot to mention, he also carried 2 spares that most times were flat!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote