View Single Post
Old 05-21-2022, 02:35 PM   #12
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I have started buying more HF tools. I used to shy from them after buying some wrenches years ago that had so much slop in the ends that they would strip the corners off a nut/bolt of the proper size. I have tried some since and they fit well now.

Craftsman used to make some good tools. I don't remember the history (used to know) but they were bought out or something and everything they made was almost like the old HF stuff. They seem to have upped their game in the last couple? of years and I've bought a couple of things from them.

The "truck" tools used to come my fleet dept. and our mechanics bought from them; Matco, Snap On, Proto etc. Now I've got a plethora of tools of all kinds including those WAY overpriced truck tools. I'm kind of migrating toward letting HF provide what I need. I figure a "lifetime" warranty doesn't carry a lot of weight at my age.
I have a Craftsman metric tap & die set I bought almost 50 years ago. Broke a tap about 20-25 years ago and went in and they just opened a set and gave me a new one. That was good business. Sears was bought out by KMart I think and then they divested the Craftsman name and a hardware store and box store now carry the stuff.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote