View Single Post
Old 05-21-2022, 10:22 AM   #9
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
I keep a good supply of tools on my motorcycles and always use HF because if they are stolen; well, nothing much is lost. Craftsman has sort of lost its shine since they don't seem to be part of Sears. Most of my oldest professional hand tools are SK Wayne with some OLD Craftsman thrown in. Never bought any tools from the truck (Matco, etc) as they are just overpriced in my somewhat useless opinion.

I have started buying more HF tools. I used to shy from them after buying some wrenches years ago that had so much slop in the ends that they would strip the corners off a nut/bolt of the proper size. I have tried some since and they fit well now.

Craftsman used to make some good tools. I don't remember the history (used to know) but they were bought out or something and everything they made was almost like the old HF stuff. They seem to have upped their game in the last couple? of years and I've bought a couple of things from them.

The "truck" tools used to come my fleet dept. and our mechanics bought from them; Matco, Snap On, Proto etc. Now I've got a plethora of tools of all kinds including those WAY overpriced truck tools. I'm kind of migrating toward letting HF provide what I need. I figure a "lifetime" warranty doesn't carry a lot of weight at my age.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote