View Single Post
Old 05-13-2022, 05:31 AM   #10
markcee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z71 View Post
I would like to add an inline Progressive 50amp power monitor/surge protector unit. I know this will need to be mounted close to the power control center under the oven.

Don't know how much space is available under there, perhaps I can delete the lowest drawer directly to the right of the power/breaker center but that won't go over well with the wife.

I looked at the units that plug into the power pedestal then you plug into them but after looking into them carefully I found out they do not interrupt power like the internal progressive units do. I already lost my Dometic refrigerator control board at the Rincon Country West RV park in Tuscon AZ. We encountered a power surge that fried the refers control board plus popped the main circuit breaker in both my RV an a friends parked next door.
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
As I stated a few post back the portable Progressive Industries 50 amp "EMS" I used for several years functioned exactly the same as the hardwired model.
What you're describing sounds like just a surge protector not an EMS, not comparing apples to apples, a surge protector only is a waste of money.
This thread kind of evolved into the merits of having an internal EMS for their inability to 'walk away' from a campsite.

I'm more interested in the comment in the original post about a pedestal mount EMS not having the same protection level as an internal hardwired version. I'm with Travelin Texans on this one....it's my understanding that a Progressive EMS PT50X for example will offer the exact same protection as the hardwired version.

No?
markcee is offline   Reply With Quote