View Single Post
Old 05-10-2022, 06:50 PM   #8
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrvond View Post
Interesting stuff, but the question I was asking is:

If using the leveling jacks to lift the camper to change a flat, would there be an issue with leaving the camper connected to the fifth wheel hitch?

I spoke to your question in post #5. It was a little long winded but was it not what you were looking for....or just wanted more input?

In the situation I referred to above I tried a bit of that (lifting the truck while attached). The young man that showed up from roadside had a floor jack with a short handle - that's it. He put it under the truck and started jacking and then he couldn't get any leverage with the handle on the jack and the tire wasn't close to off the ground. I told him to that that floor jack, start pumping that jack and I would run down the jacks. All was well and good and he was having an easy time of it....until the trailer jacks outpaced his floor jack. Then it went the other way; he was just jacking away and the jacks started groaning pretty good as it tried to pick up the truck - then it was off the ground. So no, I won't be trying to lift the truck with the trailer jacks to change a tire
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote