Thread: shocking!
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2022, 12:29 PM   #22
E Rod

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotownJG View Post
Buying parts for your vehicle or trailer are always a compromise between what you can afford vs what you see as the next best thing available online.

I ordered Bilstein 4600 series shocks off Amazon to replace the OEM originals on my used 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel.Total $320.

For me, the Bilsteins were the best thing I ever did on my 2WD Dodge Ram diesel truck which tows my Keystone Cougar 5th wheel. I'd buy Bilsteins again.

So keep researching, asking questions. Only you can decide what you can afford, and make a decision that's best for you. Was it a bad choice? A good one? You'll never know until you choose one way or the other.

I replaced the factory shocks on day one on my 2021 F350 DRW. Factory shocks are junk. Push shock down and it wouldn't spring back out . I replaced with the Bilstein including the steering stabilizer shock, however after a year, I had to replace the steering stabilizer shock because it leaked. I replaced it with a dual shock setup using Fox Shocks.
I did notice a significant difference from the factory junk shocks to the Bilstein.
When replacing shocks, I'll be replacing with the FOX shocks.

2021 F350 Lariat Ultimate Pkg,FX4,CC,LB

2017 Alpine 3660FL
E Rod is offline   Reply With Quote