View Single Post
Old 05-01-2022, 11:11 AM   #3
Elaineleslie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I think your cell phone/cell data reception will depend more on which carrier you have than on what type of booster you install. You can use the "FCC interactive map" located here: https://fcc.maps.arcgis.com/apps/web...bc88a0d1bdd25b to see the vast areas in Colorado that have no cell phone/cell data coverage. You can also see that some carriers cover larger portions of Colorado than other carriers, so, for example, if you have Sprint, you may get great coverage in some areas and "go for miles and miles with no signal" in other areas. It's the same with any carrier, some have better coverage on "one side of the mountain" and no coverage on the other slope....

If you know where you'll be in Colorado, someone may be able to give you some recommendations on which carrier offers the best coverage in that area. But, remember, what works in Grand Junction may be completely non-existant at Horsetooth Reservoir, just west of Fort Collins and work perfectly in Steamboat Springs, but not at Steamboat Rec Area, but work fairly well at Pearl Lake, across the highway from Steamboat Rec Area.
We have Verizon and have looked at the coverage map and called the places we plan on staying. Some have ok coverage and some say their reception is sketchy. Other places we go in Arkansas and Oklahoma are the same.

I know a booster can't create signal when there's none but I'm thinking a booster will give us enough in those sketchy areas. I just don't have any experience with them.
Elaineleslie is offline   Reply With Quote