View Single Post
Old 11-26-2021, 09:27 AM   #38
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominickP53 View Post
I appreciate your information and have a question with regard to bypass valve. Is there a preferred valve you like. Amazon has cam.. kits ands valer.. kits that include brass valve , adapter and suction hose. I am suspect of the quality of these valves leaking. My Cougar has a water pump fitting that is a male plastic. Can I put a brass fitting directly on this? Or should I use a plastic coupler fitting? Etrailer has a stand alone valve from JR products valve that looks like it may have a stainless ball valve instead of plastic ball valve. Any thoughts? Hope I didn’t violate any product name mentions . Sorry in advance. Newbie. Thanks
If you have a FloJet water pump with the blue "locking tab" connectors, then you don't need (and will have issues connecting) a "screw thread winterization kit"... All you need is a 3' (or longer if you prefer" section of clear 1/2" vinyl hose from Lowe's or Home Depot and one FloJet fitting https://www.amazon.com/Flojet-Port-D...59&sr=8-1&th=1 Which costs about $7 at Amazon and about $3 at any RV parts store. I prefer the 90 degree fitting, others prefer the straight fitting. Which fits your pump location best (to clear the wall beside the pump) is what would work best for you. Forget spending $20 on a threaded winterization kit for a FloJet water pump (which is what's installed in about 90% of Keystone trailers....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FLOJET FITTING.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	37257  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote