View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 05:48 PM   #1
ctfisher

2012 Outback 279rb Water Leak

We have a travel trailer we've used stationary for the last few years as a weekend getaway. This last weekend we got caught with an unexpected freezing temp after charging the plumbing. This unfortunately resulted in a leak.

I've already found the water pump and verified the leak is not there, however with water in the fresh water tank and the pump turned on, it runs continuously and we have a small dribbling leak coming from near the forward grey water tank underneath the trailer, but I can't visually identify exactly where.

I've spoken with the service center of our local Camping World, and they indicated likely it is a fitting and that the water supply is in-line. I presume this means there are t or y fittings that supply water to the sinks, shower, toilet, etc along the way rather than some kind of distribution manifold.

My problem is I can't find an actual plumbing diagram anywhere that shows me where any 'L', 'T' or 'Y' fittings might be, and I'm hesitant to just start cutting the bottom cover willy-nilly to find the leak(s).

Has anyone had a similar issue with the Outback line and/or does anyone happen to have a plumbing diagram I can use as a map? Also, what type of tape would be sufficient to seal the cover back up? It looks like at some point a cut was made in the cover above the front axle on the driver's side and it looks for all the world like black duct tape was used to repair it, but I'm not for certain.
ctfisher is offline   Reply With Quote