View Single Post
Old 03-13-2020, 08:43 AM   #19
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RET.LEO View Post
The whole thing after 17 years experience with "midnight shoppers" is the more you can do to either slow them down, make it louder to "shop" or to encourage them to move to a easier "midnight store" the better.
There is no way to 100% keeping the "midnight shoppers" out if they really want something but the more you can do to discourage their "shopping habits" the better.
Good post Bbouch84
Couldn't agree more. I would add that of all the thousands of people that have a 751 key not ONE of them (or their family) would steal? That's naive. How well do you know the people that have a camper in your storage lot? Hell, most people don't know the people that live a couple of hundred feet from their front door.

So here's my point. Let's say you are in the storage lot winterizing you're camper. A guy pulls up and starts unloading the storage compartment into his truck. He has a key, he smiles, he says hello and makes a statement like "it's that time of the year, time to unload and put things away for another winter!". Chances are, you think he belongs and you go about your business. I'm thinking if he's got a crowbar it would go differently.

ckittila .. regarding your post, why buy locks with different keys? I rekeyed all my locks with the same key. That way I only need one key. As for spares, well now I have plenty of those! I replaced 4 locksets to match the front door. Each replacement lock set, as well as the original, came with 2 keys each for a total of 10 keys. I have a key on the key ring for the camper, one on the keyring for each truck, and one in the center console of each truck

It's a personal choice thing but for my meager money it's justified. YMMV
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote