View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 10:34 AM   #18
mikz86ta

Done car audio since 15. At 19 was doing it professionally. And for about 15+ years I was certified, managed at Best Buy and ran a mom n pop shop. I have experience...

Jensen has always been entry level. They have always been considered economy built and short of quality control. Not the worst but.....yea.

Seems that they Jensen / ASA has had a RV specific niche product that other companies never dove into. Alot of companies like Clarion and JL Audio have swooped into the Marine market for years that once was non-existent. Jensen and Dual in Marine is also considerd crap but they have some Marine specific products. With Powersports being big money now, alot of companies focus on cruiser bike, side-by-side, etc. Just not many do RV specific. Except Furrion.
My honest take on Furrion is they are trying to get a strong hold on RV market in the audio and entertainment arena. And they are just a step above Jensen.

For me, I was not very happy with seeing these all-in-one units Jensen and Furrion make. DVD, BlueRay, Radio, Sound bar units. If the DVD goes out and u have to send off for warranty, you are down to zero. The built-in look of the units seriously limits your future replacement and upgrade.
Our Fuzion I like. We had a Samsung sound bar just the same as u find at Walmart or Best buy. We have a basic Double DIN car radio that's a Sony CD, Radio and Bluetooth. We had a separate Samsung DVD/BlueRay player. And also separate switching for the outside and garage speakers from the radio.
We added cable internet and modem while we are parked full time and a wireless router. The Samsung DVD had a LAN wired input. We swapped it for a upgrade 4K Sony DVD BlueRay with a wireless capability. Which allows us to use the cable internet to access the apps on the player and we use our Netflix and Amazon Movies. As well as others.
I swapped in a much nicer Yamaha sound bar and sub for the crappy Samsung unit the RV came with.
Also it made it easier to me to add our Dish receiver for our TV program needs.

I have home and car entertainment wiring experience. And this setup toe makes adding and swapping a breeze.
If I want to listen to something off my phone just in the living area, I use the Bluetooth connection to the sound bar.
If I want to use same phone music in the whole RV and outside, I connect to the Sony car radio. And the sound bar has an Aux input from Sony car radio to Soundbar to play thru whole RV.
Maybe not as one-connection ready as the all-in-one units to do the same, but I don't mind.
Plus I am going to add a small Powersports radio amplifier to the Sony car radio and am upgrade the garage and outside speakers.
mikz86ta is offline   Reply With Quote