View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 08:58 AM   #19
Number 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I have a pair of X-Chocks sitting on the shelf in the garage. We used them to help reduce rolling (fore/aft motion) before we bought the BAL stabilizer system. My experience closely parallels jsmith948's comments. If the X-Chocks are installed "just after towing", as the tires cool, the chocks will loosen and in some cases, simply fall out. I ALWAYS had to retighten them after 4 or 5 hours of setting up camp.

I'd never rely on them to stop the trailer from rolling. They are not an alternative for correctly chocking the tires. Just movement inside the trailer has caused my X-Chocks to fall out of position, leaving the trailer totally "unchocked and prepared to roll"..... YMMV
Hey John, after reading about your experience with X-Chocks I'm reconsidering purchasing a pair. Our campsite this past June had a significant slope and in the photo you can see a stout log under the left rear stabilizer jack because it wouldn't reach the ground. The tongue jack was down as low as possible and we still weren't level, but close enough for the fridge to be okay. All four wheels were rubber chocked but it was still a hold-my-breath moment when I unhitched. Thankfully nothing moved during our 5-night stay. My thoughts were to use a pair of X-Chocks if in a similar situation for peace of mind but it doesn't sound like they do much more than prevent a little fore/aft motion. Is this the general consensus on X-Chocks? They stop some rocking motion but are not considered a supplement to chocks regarding any significant trailer movement?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	287.3 KB
ID:	18061  

Number 4: 2013 Hideout 19FLBWE
Number 3: 1994 Skyline Nomad 1661
Number 2: 1971 Santa Fe
Number 1: 1967 Shasta Airflyte
2015 F-250 Lariat 6.2L CC 4x4 3.73
Number 4 is offline   Reply With Quote