View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 08:52 AM   #11
Harleydodge

While on the topic of x-chocks, I recently purchased a set, as I have seen many people using them and thought they looked to be a great option.

Upon using mine though, I am finding issues.
With my lippert auto level system, I don't really need to chock up once the 6 legs are down and taking the weight of my trailer, as most of the time one side or the other the wheels are slightly off the ground anyway.
Therein lies my issue, as when the wheels become elevated, they also move away from each other and the x-chock falls out.
I am worried that if I reinstall the x-chock and tighten it to the tires when raised, that when I lower the trailer to hitch up, they would exert too much force on the tires and cause damage to them.

I could see them being handy if I was simply storing the trailer and not leveling or lowering the legs, but that is seldom/never the case for me, as we set it up when at home where it is stored.

I think, for me at least, the traditional chocks are best for when I need to stabilize the trailer when hitching up or unhitching.

Just food for thought for anyone with an auto leveling system.

2013 Raptor 310ts Toy Hauler
2017 Dodge Ram 6.7l CTD DRW Laramie Longhorn
2008 FLHTC Harley.

Harleydodge is offline   Reply With Quote