View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 08:51 AM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by katina View Post
I am new to this - have a Springdale 311RE. As I type I'm having a concrete pad poured at my spot. When I move it back, should I put wheel chocks by the tires and how many do I need?
And -
I have 2 slideouts - opposing. If I decide to leave this here (Michigan) for the winter, ( yes it will be winterized ) but can I put my slideouts in/ out if I come up here for a day or two - obviously not when it's 20 below.

And - as long as I'm typing, does anyone know how much weight the slideouts can hold? My friends aren't big, but curious if two 200 lb adults can sit on the couch - for example.

Thanks!!
I am assuming the pad is going to be level? Or, not?

If you need to level it I use Andersen levelers with chocks on the raised side (both tires) and a chock in front of the lead and trailing tire on the other side. If there is much of an incline I use a chock front and back on each tire on the unraised tire. I also place X chocks between the tires. Sometimes a mix depending on the site and variations in incline and how long I'll be there.

As far as the slides; I think opening and closing them in the winter is going to be dependent on the weather and how much you like cleaning the tops of the slides before retracting....the condition of your batteries and your power source. Weight wise 400 lbs. would "probably" be OK unless those "200 pounders" like to jump and bounce around. If it is a really deep slide I would proceed with caution to be safe.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote