View Single Post
Old 10-17-2020, 04:10 PM   #66
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Thanks, Sourdough, still lots to learn. Not entirely fluent in “truck” yet, but I think this might answer what you’re asking- it’s a 6.4L heavy duty Hemi with MDS, 8 spd auto 8HP75-LCV transmission. Rated to handle 16,000#. The cougar won’t get near that loaded, but we do a lot of driving in the hills and mountains and don’t want excessive strain on the transmission. We weren’t falling for the line that the f150 could handle it!

Thanks Zoe. The 6.4 w/8 speed is a great combination. Do you know the rear axle ratio? Probably 3.73 or maybe 4.10. Look on the inside door pillar of the driver door and there should be 2 stickers; 1 gray with axle ratings etc. and a white/yellow/black sticker that says load should not exceed xxx lbs. Those will help you know what you have. The 16k towing capacity isn't really applicable with an RV.

I suspect your payload (carrying capacity) should be in the 3000-3100lb. range unless you have the limited or laramie. Either way you should be good on weights. That trailer has almost 3k lbs. of carrying capacity so, if you're like me, you won't get near that and won't reach the gvw.

Let me know what ratio you've got (if you can find it and what those stickers say) and I can give you an idea of what to expect out of the truck. They are great trucks IMO.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote