Thread: Laredo 297RL
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 08:39 AM   #4
Vortex

Hi Hank! Thanks for the reply. We don't dry camp "or" use full hook-ups. I am from Ontario, Canada and 90% of our camping is done in Provincial Parks which have only hydro hook-ups. The other 10% is done in Conservation Area's here in Ontario and for the most part they have Hydro and water hook-ups (no sewer). I did e-mail a customer service rep at Keystone and asked him the same question about the small black and grey water tanks. His reply was, "this is an ultra lite trailer and some people travel with either full tanks or some water in them therefore we made them small". Hmmmm, the way I see it Keystone decided to put small tanks in this unit because of the very small number of people (probably between 0 and 10%) who travel with water in their tanks. As for the weight of the empty tank itself, I would imagine it would add only 10 or 20 lbs to go from 30 to 40 gals. I have pretty much decided on this unit and we will probably have to order it as the local dealer has three on his lot but due to the many enhancements that were made to this model in Nov 2009 I may order one. If I do place an order to have one built I may ask if it's possible to install a larger grey water tank and if so what the cost be. This install would be a little harder to do afterwards as it has an enclosed underbelly.
Thanks, John
Vortex is offline   Reply With Quote