View Single Post
Old 04-13-2020, 06:16 AM   #36
Hoopy Frood

Quote:
Originally Posted by +Ruff Rider View Post
I look at my tires when I stop for fuel. I guess I just don't have time for another gadget in my truck. For those of you that think you need to carry thousands of gallons of fuel this may be a problem for you but I will stick with my 26 gallons and stop every 3 or 4 hours. I have never had a blowout on any car or truck in 30 years. I never check my air more than once a month if that. If the car sits than I will check before I drive it but for my everyday car not so much. Some guys worry so much about tires oil pin weight and take all the fun out of camping. Why go if you need all this crap in your truck not to forget about the back up camera. I always get my but out of the truck and look. it's only 32' to the back
Do you also put electrical tape over all the gauges so you're not overwhelmed with information? Personally I got a TPMS so I could quit worrying about my tires.

And I like having enough fuel onboard that I don't have to stop until I feel like stopping, which, as often as not, is at a nice rest stop or park rather than a noisy, smelly, crowded gas station where my truck has to stop.

You do things your way and I'll do things my way and we'll both be happy, although I think I'll be calmer and happier overall.

"Don't Panic"
Hoopy Frood is offline   Reply With Quote