View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 08:33 PM   #31
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by +Ruff Rider View Post
I can't believe what people want to spend there money on. LOL If you have a low tire there is a reason. You have a leak and need the tire repaired. Otherwise tires don't need air but every 6 months. I wonder where people put all this stuff in there truck. I had a hard time putting the air bag switch in my truck. I saw one guy that had a monitor in front of his air bag. I guess he didn't like his wife much. A tire gauge is more than sufficient to check tires. Just remember you let air out every time you check. I carry a tire thumper. I guess some guys need all this stuff for something to do while camping. I save my money for things nice for the wife.

Not sure of your observation. Unless you want to stop every couple of miles and check your tires for pressure, temps or damage don't see how a pressure gauge is going to help you.

Case in point; headed on a trip and my alert went off for low air pressure. LOTS of time to pull over and investigate. I had been watching a semi in the oncoming lane weave in and out and missed a piece of debris in the road. A large hook had embedded itself in my tire and it was losing pressure. I could, and would, have proceeded down the highway at highway speeds fat dumb and happy until the tire disintegrated and tore the side of the trailer out....again, but it didn't. It alerted me and it still had lots of air. Wouldn't trade it for an air gauge (of which I carry 2 in every vehicle) for anything.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote