View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 08:49 AM   #19
MarkEHansen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfisher003 View Post
We’ve been using the EEZTire system on a 2016 Bullet and now a 2019 Montana for about three years and have been very happy with it. It definitely saved us from a probable blowout after having a complete new set of tires installed on the Bullet we had in 2017 in Whitehorse on our way back from Alaska. The tech installing the tires said we were good to go, but after putting the sensors back on and before moving a foot I let the system cycle through all four tires. When it got to the driver side tire on the rear axle it immediately alarmed with a low pressure fault reading 32 psi. I’m pretty sure that without the TPMS we would have gone merrily on our way and probably had a blowout somewhere down the road. I’m definitely a big supporter of using TPMS.

We use the same system and really love it. As far as the tire stores go, you definitely want to check the tire pressure after having work done. We had metal valve stems installed by a local Les Schwab tire center (normally, a very good place) but the tech doing the work inflated our trailer tires to around 40psi. When I questioned him, he insisted this was required. I had to inflate the tires to the proper PSI myself.