View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 02:36 PM   #5
Royalwapiti

As I mentioned the RV is in a smaller town 80 miles from my house so I bought a few plastic fittings that would fit a ShurFlo pump (didn't see any of the flojet quad connectors at the home box store) and took some tools and hose and went out there. Finding the Pump proved to be the hardest part. I could hear it behind a partition but no direct easy way to get to it. I had to undo about 8 screws to remove the panel.

After seeing what kind of pump it was, Flojet, I called the only RV store in the area, Yes they had the winterizing kit for Flojet pumps. Great, but just on a whim I stopped at the farm store which was much closer.

I found a Fimco farm sprayer kit with 3 connectors that looked just like what I needed. All three had quick connect end but each had a different sized barbed end. cost $7.

There was no way I was going to buy anything at the RV store for less than $7 so I bought it and went to try it. Perfect fit.

Took my 3 gallons of RV antifreeze out and had my wife turn on the pump and the far front sink, then we did the other faucets (I did water heater bypass earlier in the day). In all applying the antifreeze took about 5 minutes and used almost all 3 gallons. I added the rest of the antifreeze to traps and drains.

Just wanted to follow up if someone is in a remote area and does not have the Flojet quick connector, they may find one at a farm store that has Fimco Ag sprayer parts.

2011 Sprinter 255RKS
Royalwapiti is offline   Reply With Quote