View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 06:22 PM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

I'd blame the dealer for not communicating the CORRECT problem to Keystone...

If you read the Keystone warranty, door adjustments are only covered during the first 90 days and door adjustments are no longer covered....

Assuming (I know, I know) that the dealer is reporting to Keystone that the door won't close properly, then their warranty approval office will probably disapprove the repair since the trailer is older than 90 days....

THAT'S NOT THE DOOR PROBLEM !!!

The dealer needs to report that the door is warped and will not seal which is resulting in rain intrusion and will lead to further water damage.

Depending on how the dealer documents the problem, Keystone will interpret the appropriate action.

I've seen dealerships that report accurately and I've seen dealerships that send in a 3 word problem.... Guess which one gets approval ????

Here's an example:

The dealer sends this to Keystone: "The customer reports the roof leaks." Do you think Keystone will approve a new roof?

Now: The TPO membrane is cut too short and the front seam will not remain under the transverse aluminum molding. The adhesive has detached from the TPO membrane and there is significant water intrusion under the TPO membrane. This has all occurred recently as evidenced by the fresh OSB color. The owner reports that he noticed the leak in the front bedroom last Saturday and delivered the trailer to our service department on Monday morning. There is clear evidence that the roof has been resealed as there is what appears to be new sealant applied over the older sealant in several locations on the roof. When questioned, the owner produced a receipt for two tubes of sealant with a date of 60 days from delivery of the trailer. There is no reason to suspect the owner has failed to maintain the roof properly.

OK: Which one do you think is going to get approved?

See the difference? I'd suspect your dealer has half-heartedly reported your door problem and Keystone is denying it based on what they have in front of them.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote