View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 06:14 PM   #5
slow

2018 Premier 26RBPR Slideout cable issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos1 View Post
Near the end of last year the front slide bottom cable snapped off they warrantied it. After opening the trailer after winter storage I was l inspecting the cables on the tip outs and noticed both cables on the bottom of the front tip out had dents on them at the attachment points see pics apon further inspection noticed that the bracket that holds the pulley was worn shinny like it was trying to shear the cable when you closed it I now have to get both cables replaced in which I am hoping Keystone will cover it so was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or is this a rare case.
A couple of thoughts:
* be sure to level your TT front to back before extending or retracting the slide. Otherwise the slide will drift and the cables will rub on the aluminum frame mounted to the TT.
* the clearance hole in the aluminum frame mounted to the TT may need to be enlarged to center the cable and burrs removed. My cables were wearing a groove in the aluminum frame because the pulleys are not centered on the cable hole and the cable ends would sometimes catch the edge just before fully retracted.

Here is how I "opened up" my clearance holes for the cable to prevent cable catching and wear: https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...pictureid=4125 The picture is with the rubber pads removed/fallen off, but that is another poor design issue.
Reese 5th Airborne (bagged) Pin Box
RoadMaster Shock Kit
X-Factor Cross Bracing
slow is offline   Reply With Quote