Thread: Truck shortage
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2021, 06:10 PM   #22
Harried Harry

I'm been looking to buy a new Ford F350 truck with the 7.3 gas engine. It has not been available anywhere for the past 14 months. I have only seen two of them but one was 800 miles from me and I was not travelling anywhere during the height of COVID. The other was not far from me but the dealership sold it even though I had provided earnest money. NO integrity for that "stealership.

Now I'll need to special order the truck but it won't be available (if then) until the end of the summer and yes, the prices did go up.

My mistake was in not paying for the truck when I first saw it. It met 90% of my wants but I had to debate with myself on the decision. It's been over six years since I bought any vehicle so it's partially my mistake. I forgot most of the honest dealers are gone and the ones left only care about the money. The sooner they get your money the sooner you are off their lot so another sucker can come in.

Flybouy has it right as to many of the reasons. COVID also played its part but the other side of the issue is the failure of American manufacturers and the Federal Government to realize how critical it is for us to have home based sources of critical components.
Harried Harry is offline   Reply With Quote