View Single Post
Old 05-19-2021, 10:11 AM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

You don't say and your profile does not list the year of your trailer so don't know if the chatter is coming from wear, alignment or something broken.

Have you looked over, under and around the slide at the seals and inside the seals? Something (maybe a seal) could have torn off and gotten stuck under it causing an issue. Also look at the bottom of the slide. It will be covered with a mesh looking fabric; do you see any signs of wear, fraying or crinkling?

Some folks have installed the aftermarket rollers with success. Sometimes they can cause issues if they are not perfectly square because they can then start to crinkle up the darco fabric. They make skis to go on the ends, I installed uhmw strips on my last one, put solid uhmw on this one so there are options to investigate.

The slide mechanism is manufactured by Bal/Norco. They sell rollers to go under the slides if that is the route you choose. You need to know the height of the wear bar so you can get the right height roller. I chose not to go that route because I didn't want anything else rolling, pulling or wearing the darco material which I consider pretty weak.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote