View Single Post
Old 05-13-2021, 08:46 AM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getn off View Post
That may work back then, but I would be very hesitant to try that with people today. Like the saying goes, there is always someone else that has a bigger tool than you.
For example, if that happened to me where neighbors decided to make a point by shooting muskets, I would more than likely sound off a few of my Model 500 S&W (50 cal revolver.) or ARs.
Granted, most obnoxious city folk like that probably wouldn’t be packin much more than an extra safe space!
Troy

Very few if any civilians owned ARs back then. Firearms allowed on a person or in a vehicle were limited during muzzleloader/bow seasons - and those weren't on it.

As far as going out and firing off some rounds too - go ahead. We had been around guns forever - rather hear that than yapping dogs and other unneeded noises in a wild location in a NF. Plus, I could shoot the black powder weapons all night at a few cents a shot (poured our own bullets). At $2-3 a round that 500 might get a bit expensive....and hard on the hand.

And you're right; this is a different world. Doubt we would (or anyone should) do that these days unless you took precautions...
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote