View Single Post
Old 05-05-2021, 11:33 AM   #73
sourdough
Site Team

[QUOTE=wborisenok;447687]Slide questions:

1. Is it okay to keep the slide out if I’m going to be in and out for a couple of days? I’ve been sliding it out and in but all that extra movement makes me nervous.

2. When does “slanxiety” go away? I feel like I’ve just heard horror stories about slides breaking and it makes so much (normal) noise when it’s moving; it gives me slide anxiety!

Heat questions:

1. What does the heat run on? What do I have to turn on to use it this afternoon? Here’s a pic of my command center:

Keep the slide out as long as you are using it. If you are not using it or storing it bring it in. You have a cable slide and probably a darco material bottom. IMO unneeded use just hastens the wear on the darco and the possibility (or frequency) of having to adjust the cable system.

As far as the anxiety about the slides - don't. Use them as you need them but don't run them in and out every day when you are in the trailer. Expect that everything is going to work just fine but always be vigilant for strange sounds, excessive groaning from the motor, excessive slack in the cables (the manual tells you what kind of slack to expect on which cables) and watch the darco on the bottom of the slide far any kind of wear.

Your hot water heater works with LP (propane) or electric or both. DO NOT turn the electric switch on on the control panel if there is no water in the water heater, it will burn out the heating element pronto. And the 2 switches for "water heater" are for it exclusively.

The thermostat for your furnace will work just like a regular home thermostat. Make sure you have your propane tank(s) turned on if you are going to run it.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote