View Single Post
Old 04-30-2021, 06:20 AM   #25
dwdlt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit12 View Post
I see you are USAF retired, as am I. When I was active duty I was a jet engine mechanic, or as the AF called it "Aerospace Propulsion Craftsman". Whenever I had to go to the doctor for anything, I'd tell the doc, I won't tell you how to fix people as long as you don't tell me how to fix airplanes and we'll get along fine. That has served me well for over 40 years now. While I'm probably technically competent enough to do this type of install myself, I'd feel better paying someone qualified to do the job and know its done correctly and if I have any issues, I'd have warranty recourse.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Good points. And, in theory I agree with you. But, I'm one of those hard headed guys who like to do all my own stuff I recon. I realize that may not be the wisest thing! By the way, I was a flying Crew Chief on the C141 before they retired it. Best days ever! I have been retired for almost 15 years, and have not been on a C141 since the early 90's, but to this day I can still remember the enginers panel gauges, engine run procedures, and all the specs.... Can't find my keys or remember to take my meds, but I recall that stuff!!! LOL
2022 Cougar 27 SGS
dwdlt is offline   Reply With Quote