View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 11:59 AM   #57
JRTJH
Site Team

LOL I guess I'm "famous" for my longer rants, but I'll spare the grief (for now)...

Just suffice to say that GM is also stating in that same release that they are going to "smaller boosted internal combustion engines" which is the same direction Ford went in 2011 with the EcoBoost 3.5, while GM was laughing about it and the all aluminum body "tool box commercial", which GM now is phasing into many of their lines, in an attempt to lighten the vehicles to improve the fleet fuel average. Which, as I'm being told by "insiders at GM" is the main reason the electric HUMVEE is being produced. GM hopes to "cash in on the novelty" while every one sold means they can raise the average fleet fuel "tally" and sell one more "big liter gas/diesel engine in another HD truck"....

It's all about playing the numbers while meeting the regulations and managing to still provide what the customers will buy.

The current "speculation" that GM will have an all fleet electric truck to replace the internal combustion trucks currently being sold, at least to me, means that there'll be a lot more drivers towing with RAM and Ford diesels in 2035 than even GM expects.... All of that, subject to "government directions, regulations and subsidies, of course......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote