View Single Post
Old 09-20-2014, 10:51 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert185 View Post
After shopping around, to include Good Sam, I went with Hartford (AARP) for a premium of only ~$400/year (multi vehicle discount with no violations, bruises or dents in the driving history). I then joined Good Sam with travel insurance at a big discount offered when I bought a few accessories from CW during an online sale.

As a side note, I quit AARP, telling them I didn't agree with their political policies. Oddly, they renewed me for three years at their expense. The card does provide a few discounts here and there, to include the occasional meal at Denny's when other, better options are not available. What the heck...I kept the cards. AARP. Those are benefits I can use as I slide into real retirement.
They did the same thing with me. I wrote them a request for a refund of unused time on my membership explaining the reasons why I felt I could no longer support the organization. They sent me a complete refund of that year's dues and a free membership for the next 3 years as well. My guess is they are losing members and want to keep the "number of people represented high enough to still claim the "biggest retirement organization"... I sent the card back and declined their "gift" LOL

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote